I recently read a post by A Beautiful Zen which showed how many products she uses in the morning. I was curious to see how many I use, so I got out all the products I've been using lately. Here they are and my thoughts on each:
2. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 30: Supposed to calm redness. It's a decent enough moisturizer and I like that it has SPF 30.
3. Annabelle CC Color Control Illuminating Finish Instant Perfecting Base (..or CC cream for short): This adds a nice glow to the skin and preps it well for foundation/powder.
4. Benefit Erase Paste: I use this on my undereyes to diminish dark circles, then add the Cover FX concealer on top.
5. Cover FX Cream Concealer: Good for blemishes, and I add it on top of the Erase Paste because I find it doesn't conceal my dark circles enough on its own.
6. e.l.f. Studio Color Correcting Powder: I don't think this so much corrects as just acts as a normal powder, but I like it and have been wearing it in place of my usual foundation (Estee Lauder DoubleWear long-name powder foundation).
7. Detrivore Lascivious Blush: I love all the Detrivore blushes I've tried, and this is no exception! A pretty mauve/berry with a bit of sparkle.
8. Stila Prime Pot in Taffy: I like this because it's a neutral base, though its not as good at preventing creasing as other primers like Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
9. Coastal Scents Revealed Palette: Love. This. Palette! I was going to overlook it, thinking I already had enough neutral eyeshadows, but a lovely friend gifted it to me (thank you!) and I'm so happy for it! It's a dupe of Naked 1 and 2, and I'll have a full review soon!
10. Annabelle Kohl Liner in Black: I like this. It's soft and pigmented, though takes a few minutes to set and can transfer if not careful.
11. Annabelle Le Big Show Mascara: Probably my favourite drugstore mascara. Review to come!
12. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Ash: Forgive the messiness of the compact. I guess that just shows how powdery the powder is. ;) Still loving this. Check out my review here.
13. Annabelle Metallic Lipliner in Sparkle: A good liner and base for lipstick. Reviewed here.
14. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Hot Pink Rage: I adore this matte hot pink lipstick. It reminds me of spring -- sigh, can it be spring yet?
These are products I'll use if I have a few extra minutes:
15. Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: Another gift given to me by a friend, this time for my wedding back in 2010 (does this stuff expire..?) I like it for setting my makeup and it helps get rid of "powder-face."
16. Marcelle Waterproofing Mascara Topcoat: I still need to take this for the splash-splash test, but so far, so good. I'll usually wear this for rainy/snowy days or when I'll be out for a while.
17. Billion Dollar Brows Clear Brow Gel: Nice brow gel that keeps my brows in place all day. Reviewed here.
18. One Hand Washes the Other Barista! Solid Scent: And the last product: scent! I'm loving this OHWTO solid scent in Barista! -- it smells like yummy coffee drinks. Perfect for the morning!
Not counting cleansers and such, I use 18 products (or 14 if I'm running slow). Doesn't really surprise me, haha!
How many products do you use in a typical day?
Some products received for review, as gifts, contest prizes, and others purchased myself. All opinions are always my own.