What I've Been Up To, Part II: What I've Been WearingThursday, July 18, 2013
What I've been wearing
I think I'll be calling this "the summer of Annabelle," as I've been wearing and loving a lot of Annabelle products lately. Here's what I've been reaching for this summer:
1. Annabelle Expandable Mascara: This mascara has an expandable brush that you lengthen or shorten by twisting the cap. I like to use a coat or two with the shorter brush for every day, and both brushes for night. I'll be reviewing this soon!
2. Annabelle Biggy Zebra Bronzer in Haute Gold: I have to admit I'm pretty new to bronzers (I've always been afraid of my ultra-pale skin looking too orange or muddy), but this one is pretty nice! The extra-big size with three shades is great for swirling a bronzing brush in, and each shade is large enough to use a smaller brush if I only want to use one at a time. (Review soon!)
3. Cover FX Cream Concealer: The most expensive concealer I've bought ($27 at Shoppers & Sephora), but a little goes a long way. It works nicely for undereye circles and blemishes, but I'm still putting to the test longevity-wise.
4. Youngblood Mighty Shiny Lip Gel in Confessed: This gloss is on the sheer side, so I like to wear it on its own when I don't want much colour, but it's also great layered over lipstick. It's loaded with antioxidants and nourishing oils, and it does feel quite nice on!
5. Lancome Gloss in Love in Under the Spotlight: My mom won this mini Gloss in Love but she gave it to me because she thought the bright, sparkly shade wouldn't suit her. Thanks, Mom!!!!! I really like how Lancome has been updating their line and making it more fresh and youthful, though I've actually been a fan since I was 16 (my first high-end beauty love). This gloss is an awesome bright, subtly sparkly pink, with loads of pigment and an angled doefoot applicator so you can line your lips with the tip and fill them in with the side. It also lasts longer than any gloss I've tried before!
6. Annabelle CC Pressed Powder in Light-to-Medium: I prefer wearing a light base during the summer, and this sheer pressed powder has been the ticket. It wears well over foundation and BB cream, but I like wearing it on its own for just a bit of coverage. I'm still testing it but I will review it in the upcoming weeks!
7. Annabelle Roll-On Eyeshadow + Liner in Hazel Eyes: Such a simple, fast and pretty eye look! I haven't been wearing much eye makeup lately, but when I do, I've been reaching for this. Over primer, it lasts through the most humid of days. Review here!
8. essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil in Blonde: An extremely inexpensive (I think it was $2) brow pencil that does its job well. I've been using it since last year and it's almost down to a nub!
9. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Peppermint: I like wearing this in the day because it has SPF 20. It feels pretty nice on though not as long-lasting as I'd like. I'd like to try one of the tinted versions!
10. Kiss My Sass Lip Glaze in Summer Lovin: This lip glaze (kind of feels like a hybrid gloss/liquid lipstick) is amazing. It's fuchsia with gold/green shimmer, and so, so pretty. I need to review it soon! It lasts a few hours too, and can even last its way through light eating and drinking. Kiss My Sass is an awesome indie shop, which you can check out here!
I've also been wearing sunscreen, of course, and Urban Decay Setting Spray when I can remember to!
What have you been wearing this season?
Annabelle products sent for consideration. Lancome and Youngblood were contest wins. Everything else purchased myself. All opinions are my own.