P.S. My Firmoo giveaway ends tonight, so do go enter if you want some new glasses and haven't entered yet!
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.
- I have a newfound love of blush. I used to be a strictly pale pink blush girl, but now I love experimenting with different colours and finishes.
- I just recently (as in two days ago) learned I like asparagus. For some reason I expected it to taste awful, but it actually has a very mild flavour and I like it a lot!
- I love cats. I love spending time with them, playing or cuddling, or even just watching them. Unfortunately, I can't have any because my husband is allergic. ;____;
- I get my cat fix with my parents' rescue cat, Tiny. He was found a year ago near my sister's home, but she couldn't keep him as she already has three cats and a dog (and two kids..) I see him about once a week, and you'll find almost all of my Instagram photos are of him.
- I love 80s music. I like listening to the 80s radio stations on iTunes, though sometimes they're very hit or miss. (Also.. they keep playing the Ghostbusters theme song. Whaaaaa? LOL.)
- I love, love, love coffee. I like tea too, but coffee is my main vice.
- I deal better with the cold than heat. Not that I like extreme cold (of which we often deal with during Canadian winters), but I am terrible with heat. We get a lot of humidity here in the summer and it makes me extremely cranky. Bad times!
- I've started cooking meals from scratch a lot more. It's amazing how inexpensive it usually is compared to buying frozen or ready-cooked meals. It keeps me from wanting to go to restaurants!
- I don't have cable. I use Netflix instead. I actually had a free trial of digital cable with my Internet package, but I used it once or twice and got so annoyed with the commercials! Cars and yogurt over and over!
- Speaking of TV, I recently finished watching Breaking Bad up to the end of the first half of season 5. I don't know how I can wait until summer to find out what happens next! (And of course it ended on a major cliffhanger!) It's one of the best shows I've seen in a while.
- I have 90% of my Christmas shopping done. WOO!
11 Questions(Actually thirty-three!)
- What inspired you to start blogging? Reading others' blogs! I know the beauty blog market is heavily saturated, but I still wanted to add my own voice. Being Canadian and living in the smallest province (which lacks stores like Sephora and MAC), I wanted to review what I could find here and what is accessible and easy to buy via online shopping. I want to show that you don't necessarily have to go to Sephora to find awesome things.
What motivates you to continue blogging? The community is a big one -- I love reading others' posts and receiving comments from all of you! Also, finding deals and new, interesting products to review. What other hobbies do you have besides blogging? I love video games, experimenting with cooking, and reading. What is the concept of your blog (e.g., is it makeup based, fashion based, life based, etc.)? Beauty/makeup.
- What is your dream job? Blogging for a living!
What's your favorite makeup brand? Shiro Cosmetics, Black Rose Minerals, Detrivore, Benefit, theBalm (but not their stupidly-overpriced Canadian and international shipping), Too Faced, Lancome, Annabelle, wet n' Wild.. What's your favorite color? Purple, blue, and silver. What's your favorite number? Eight, of course! PC or Mac? Macs are too expensive for me right now, so PC. What is on the top of your wish list right now? For the world to calm down. How close to done are you with your holiday shopping? Almost entirely!
- What is at least one of your holy grail beauty products? Black Magic by One Hand Washes the Other
What is your favorite book? Lord of the Rings, everything by Jane Austen (though not so much Mansfield Park), The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton... Are you going to make any New Year's Resolutions? Good question! Probably my forever resolution: blog more! When you are cooking at home, what is your favorite dinner to make? Pizza! Are you more interested in going to see The Hobbit or Les Miserables? Definitely The Hobbit! Seeing it tomorrow night! What is one wardrobe staple every woman should have in her closet? A white cami/tank for layering. I find a lot of women's tops are sheer so you really need to wear under them! What is your favorite healthy snack? Frozen blueberries or granola. What is your favorite NON-healthy snack? Chips, chocolate, American Chinese food, gummy candy, carrot cake, cheesecake... I could go on forever. Do you buy cheap or expensive watches and/or sunglasses? I don't wear a watch and my sunglasses cost all of $20. How good are you at resisting sales? Depends what it is and how much money I have! Right now I have to avoid all unnecessary shopping!
- Who is your celebrity guy crush? Cillian Murphy and George Takei. Yep.
- What makeup essentials do you wear on a daily basis? Primer, brow pencil, foundation, concealer, blush, mascara, lip balm, lipstick or gloss.
- What is your favourite pair of shoes? My black faux-leather flats from Payless. Comfy and surprisingly durable.
- If you can change 1 thing about yourself, what would it be? My face. Ha! No, I'd make myself more motivated.
- How often do you shop for makeup? Once again, depends how much money I have... But right now, I'm on a beauty ban. I have so much makeup as it is that I really don't need anything more for a good while (though how many of us only buy what we need?!)
- What is the one thing (beauty item) you have an excessive amount of? Mineral eyeshadow. Indie shadow is so inexpensive and often amazing and then there are awesome themes like Lord of the Rings or Nic Cage...!
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? The readers. I like being able to entertain or help out people, even if it's just one person.
- What is your favourite movie? Goodfellas, Lord of the Rings, Clueless, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Chasing Amy, Clerks.
- If you can be one fictional character who would you be? A LotR elf. They're all hot and they live in the most beautiful places!
- If you could choose the decade you'd want to live in right now, what would it be? This is still the best decade. It's certainly not perfect, but it's still more progressive here than any other decade. If I could temporarily visit a decade though, I'd go to the 1920s, 60s, or 80s.
- If you could shop at only 1 store for clothing for the rest of your life, what store would it be? Probably Suzy Shier. They're inexpensive, have a lot of styles I like, and often have good sales.