Day 18: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.
I have a lot of distinct memories from my childhood -- some fond, some not so much -- but one that always makes me happy is remembering Christmas morning when I was about 7 years old. We had a tradition growing up that my family and I would open our stockings on my parents' bed before we went downstairs to open presents. My parents would also have some of our presents on display as gifts from "Santa" -- usually the bigger items (which, come to think of it, doesn't make a lot of sense that Santa would get the credit for the bigger gifts when my parents had bought them!)
One item I really, really wanted that year was a big pink Lego castle. After opening my stocking, I ran downstairs and straight to my gifts and I was overjoyed to see I had received it! I started yelling, "I knew I'd get it! I knew I'd get it!" My brother got a medieval-style version. I think we played with them longer than most of our other toys, and I'm pretty sure they're still hanging around somewhere at my parents' house with all of our other Lego.
Ah, the 90s -- best decade of Lego, yes? Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the castle I had (the current ones are a lot different), so you'll have to trust me that it was awesome.
|This was another favourite. Originally my brother's, I'd often play with it myself. (Source)|
Day 19: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them
I hate choosing favourites, so I am just going to pick a few off the top of my head. Do check out my reading list though, as I love each of the blogs listed there!
- Makeup and Beauty Blog: No doubt you've heard of it and probably follow already, but I love Karen's posts and how she adds so much personality to them. She's also a CCL (Crazy Cat Lady), so how can I not love?
- Nouveau Cheap: One of the best resources for reviews and news on drugstore beauty products. I really appreciate G's thorough reviews. A must-follow if you enjoy drugstore products and/or you want to stick to a beauty budget!
- Cosmetic Proof: There's always something fun to read on Jayne's blog and I especially love her empties and nail posts.
- Beauty Reflections: The best way I can describe Tracy is "Rock Star." She has an awesome sense of humour, great style, and pale skin like me, which helps a lot in finding the best shades to wear!
- The Happy Sloths: So many great reviews, looks, and FOOOOD. You get two great bloggers with one blog! Jasmine is also doing the Blog Every Day in May challenge, though she is much better at it than I am and actually posts on time ;)
- Personellietea: You have to check out Ellie's swatches and reviews! She's also doing this challenge, and love her childhood memory post.
Ok, I went one over, but I seriously could keep going on. I feel bad for not listing every blog I read! It's like listing my favourite internet cats -- I could go on forever.
You can read my previous challenge responses here and see the original challenge post here!